Trauma Nurse Coordinator
Location : Coos Bay OR 97420
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Nursing
Job Description :
We have a client in Coos Bay, OR who is looking to add a Trauma Nurse Coordinator to its team.
Participates in the development, coordination, and monitoring of trauma treatment, policies, and procedures within the hospital, local area, state, and region. Coordinates all facets of care, including policies and procedures, documentation, and data collection/synthesis to ensure continual readiness for State Trauma Survey. Provides leadership, training, coaching, mentoring, and hands-on support to the organization by meeting tactical and strategic goals.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates clinical management across the continuum of trauma care
- Provides for intrafacility and regional professional staff development. Orients emergency department, nursing staff and ancillary staff to trauma services, team concepts, procedures, equipment and documentation requirements
- Develops trauma nursing policies/procedures in collaboration with the ED
- Develops and provides education for physicians, clinical caregivers, and community
- Conducts trauma drills
- Participates in case review, implementation of practice guidelines and directs community trauma education and prevention programs
- Acts as a liaison between hospital trauma nursing program and outside agencies
- Monitors clinical processes, outcomes, and system issues related to the quality of care. Develops quality filters, audits, and case reviews.
- Works closely with the trauma program Medical Director, Emergency Department Manager and trauma committee to meet/exceed trauma program accreditation requirements and quality/safety goals
- In conjunction with the ED manager, assesses ED nurse competency with trauma patients.
- Manages, as delegated, the operational, personnel, and financial aspects of the trauma program
- Serves as liaison to administration and represents trauma program
- Demonstrates active involvement in trauma and ED quality and research projects.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in ER and Trauma nursing
- Supervises the collection, coding, scoring, and developing processes for validation of trauma registry data.
- Rounds on trauma patients
- Reports patient outcomes
Required Qualifications :
- Active RN in state of Oregon
- BLS (or willing to obtain)
- ACLS (or willing to obtain)
- PALS (or willing to obtain)
- TNCC (or willing to obtain)
- CEN and/or TCRN (or willing to obtain)
- Minimum 3 years' direct patient emergency nursing experience within past 10 years
- Recent experience in the management of trauma program preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or Associates Degree and 5 years of relevant experience with a commitment to attaining appropriate degree within a negotiated period of time.