Surgical Tech First Assist - 9K Sign-on Bonus
Location : Lake Havasu City AZ 86403
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : Minimum 2 years experience as First Assist, if not certified
Required Education : Associates Degree Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Nursing
Job Description :
We have a client in Lake Havasu City, AZ who is looking for a Surgery Tech/First Assist to join its team.
Early AM Shift; Monday - Friday.
9K Sign-on Bonus!
The primary purpose of the Surgical/First Assist is to assist the surgeon and RN's in operative procedures and in general, to function as an assistant to the Surgeon.
- Pre-operative functions such as selection and placement of appropriate surgical instruments, supplies and equipment; to scrub and provide instruments, sutures and other sterile supplies during surgical procedures
- Perform variable duties related to the Surgery unit in accordance with established Hospital Policies & Procedures
- Responsible for reporting incidents and patient and/or employee issues, work related accidents and any unusual events to the RN's and those who are responsible for the delivery of patient care
- Strive daily to give all customers excellent care and promote the Organization's Standards of Behavior
- Identify and resolve issues affecting the delivery of clinical services
- Perform quality assurance studies and assist with the implementation of QA/QI initiatives
- Serve as a resource to staff and external contacts on issues related to orthopedic patient care, patient flow and clinical standards, policies and procedures
- Promote departmental compliance with applicable requirements including accreditation, legal and The Joint Commission
Required Qualifications :
- High school diploma or GED Required
- Associates Degree Preferred
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action
- BLS required within 30 days of hire
- Certification as a Surgical/First Assist Preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience as First Assist, if not certified
WHY THIS FACILITY
- A highly competitive benefits/compensation package, world class technology, and a compassionate group of patient-focused professionals - these are just a few of the reasons to consider a career with this healthcare organization
- When you walk into this facility, you will see not only a medical center that is patient-centered and committed to exceptional care, but you will see employees that are like family, smiling faces and helpful hands throughout the hospital
- Their goal is to help employees succeed and accomplish their professional goals within the organization. They have many programs to help employees stay on track with career goals. They want you to have a CAREER, not just a job!
ABOUT LAKE HAVASU
Located on the "west coast" of Arizona, Lake Havasu City has earned the reputation as the outdoor recreation mecca of the southwest. Blessed by an ideal climate, captivating scenery, beautiful yet rugged mountains, tranquil desert and the azure waters of the Colorado River, Lake Havasu's 45-mile long lake is a nautical beauty.
Check out these links for more information on Lake Havasu City: