Surgical Scrub Technician
We have a client in Mount Vernon, IL who is looking for a Surgical Scrub Tech to add to its team. May also be required to act as Sterile Processing and Endo Tech.
This Hospital is your community healthcare provider; a 47-bed facility offering inpatient and outpatient care; diagnostic imaging; and emergency, medical, surgical care - as well as a Sleep Disorder Center and a Bone and Joint Center.
SHIFT: 8 hour shift; 7a-3:30p with call rotation
- Assists surgical team during operative procedures by arranging and inventorying sterile set-up for operations and passing items to doctors and nurses as needed.
- Assists in preparing and moving patients and in cleaning the operating theater.
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Works under general supervision.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
May also perform additional roles as listed below:
- The OR Sterile Processing Technician Tech provides multiple phases of processing and sterilization of a variety of patient care instruments and equipment.
- Assures patient care items are distributed to units and OR.
- They will also be responsible for assisting in the transporting of patients to and from surgery and cleaning operating rooms between and after surgical cases.
- The Endo technician is responsible for assisting in nursing care and preparing the endo patient by performing routine and delegated duties according to standards and policies and procedures
- Performing scrub duties and related procedures
- Assisting department personnel with nursing functions as directed;
- Functioning as a Sterile Supply Technician as directed
- As Sterile Supply Technician they are responsible for processing instruments, assuring proper procedures are carried out, in the processing of instruments Keeping central sterile stocked with needed supplies
- Operating Room: 5 ORs, 1 Endoscopy Room and 1 Urology Room
- 47-bed facility
- Average hospital census is 12.
- Average surgical cases per weekday are 15.
- The unit has a family culture and very customer service driven.
- Surgical procedure they perform: Orthopedic; Total joints, arthroscopy. Spine; laminectomy, fusions. ENT; sinus surgery, tonsillectomy, urology; Cystoscopy, Ureteroscopy, ESWL. Podiatry; Arthroplasty, bunions. Endoscopy; Colonoscopy, Gastroscopy, Bronchoscopy. Minor Vascular procedures. General Surgery; DaVinci XI, hernia, gallbladder, appendix, colon resection. Cataracts. Gynecology; Tubals, Hysterectomy, NO Obstetrics
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of OR Technicians
- 1 year of experience as a Scrub Tech preferred
- BLS is required