Surgical Scrub Tech
Location : Brownwood TX 76801
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Surgery
Job Description :
We have a client looking to add a Surgical Scrub Tech / Certified Scrub Technician (CST) to its established, amazing team in Brownwood, TX. This is a 188-bed acute care facility that has provided competent care to the Central Texas area since 1969. They are currently the largest employer in Brown County, employing 53 physicians and over 500 employees. They are also one of the largest rural hospitals in Texas.
- Monday - Friday
- 6:30a - 3:00p
- Call required one day/week; 3p-6:30a and one weekend/month (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- The Surgical Scrub Technician assists in the provision of patient care based on the nursing process and in compliance with the policies, protocols, and procedures of the organization
- The Scrub Tech is accountable for maintaining and improving their own nursing knowledge and skills.
- Shows proficiency in the organizational and technical skills involved in the surgical setting in assisting the surgeon in operative cases.
- Demonstrates patient-centered/patient-valued behaviors.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skill in meeting age-related and handicapped patient needs.
This facility provides services that include:
- Both inpatient and outpatient care
- Level 4 Trauma Center providing 24/7 emergent care with on-site access to helicopter transport
- Women's center/obstetric unit that includes Telemedicine Services with another highly competent and well-known children's hospital and a Level 2 Nursery
- A Sleep Lab Center, Wound Care & Hyperbaric Center, Fitness & Therapy Zone, Heart Center/Interventional Cardiology (Cardiac Cath Lab), Cardiac Rehab, Cancer Center (radiation/medical oncology/hematology), Surgical Services, Gastroenterology Lab, and a Hospitalist program
- Imaging & diagnostic services are provided both in-house and in a freestanding outpatient center
- They have 4-one source healthcare centers strategically located throughout the area to allow ease of healthcare accessibility for the community
Required Qualifications :
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of a surgical technology program highly preferred
- Prior experience preferred
- New Grads will be accepted
- Current BLS Required
- Certified as a scrub technician as evidence by certification from:
- The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or its successor; or
- The National Center for Competency Testing or its successor; or
- Another surgical technologist certification program approved by the hospital
- Has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the United States Armed Services or in the United States Public Health Service
- Was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009