Speech Language Pathologist (SLP)
Location : Fort Mohave AZ 86426
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : At least 2-3 years experience as an SLP
Required Education : Master Degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited program.
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services
Job Description :
We have a client in Fort Mohave, AZ who is looking to add a Speech Language Therapist to its team! If you are looking for a job change and want to work at a quality hospital, then keep reading!
The Speech Language Pathologist will:
- Administer, organize and plan the activities of the department to ensure effective speech pathology evaluation and treatment for inpatients, outpatients and acute rehab patients of all age groups and cultural backgrounds; exhibiting a speech, language, hearing or swallowing disorder
- Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services, patient/family counseling, maintains systematic records in accordance with professional, JCAHO, and CARF guidelines
- Maintain quality care for all patients through interaction with hospital personnel in a coordinated, comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach
- Provide assistance where communication barriers exist due to speech/language disabilities to enable each individual to reach his/her maximum level of independence
- Provide evaluation and set up of treatment programs for all patients referred to Speech Language Pathology
- Provide speech language therapy treatment to referred patients
- Write and review patient progress reports, including charting and reports to referring physicians
- Consult with other rehab team members regarding communication pathways to achieve maximum value of patient teaching in rehab techniques
- Provide correct information on Medicare, MediCal and all other forms
- Provide correct statistic and billing information for Speech Language Therapy patients
- Assess and manage swallowing disorders in coordination with other departments
- Assist with preparation of and monitors departmental budget
- Attend hospital and community meetings as appropriate and serves on various committees
- Perform pure-tone hearing screening
- Develop, implement, maintain, and review policies and procedures for department services, including administrative, clinical and CQI and prepares any necessary reports
- Orient and train new and continuing staff regarding scope and needs of the Speech Language Therapy Department and participates in continuing education programs to enhance skills and knowledge
- Train, supervise and evaluate graduate speech pathology students
- Support and actively participate in hospital quality-assurance and in-service programs
Required Qualifications :
- Master Degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited program.
- Requires a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) and/or
- Eligible for licensing by the State Board of Speech Pathology and Audiology.
- Requires a current and valid Arizona license/certification as a Speech Language Pathologist.
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Requires continuing education and training to maintain Arizona licensure.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must possess the ability to delegate tasks to subordinate team members and oversee their performance.
- Must have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Effective human relations skills are required for interfacing with team members, all levels of staff, physicians, patients, families and other contacts.
- Must possess the ability to effectively function in a stressful environment.
- Must possess the ability to remain on feet for extended periods of time; and perform the essential duties of the position.
- Must possess the ability to use the following equipment: Telephone / Overhead Paging System / Fax Machine / Calculator / Computer / Wheelchair / Hospital Beds.
- Must be able to work any scheduled shifts.
- Must be willing to work periodic overtime and be prepared to take call as requested.
- Completed Competency Based Skills Checklists for unit(s) assigned.