SLP Speech Language Pathologist - CFY - Pediatrics - Behavioral Health
JOB DESCRIPTION: SLP Speech Language Pathologist CFY - Pediatrics
The SLP Speech Language Pathologist - Pediatrics will facilitate the development and growth of clients with cognitive disabilities and/or language impediments through therapy treatment sessions. Evaluations and treatment sessions are to be performed to determine the current level of the client and their needs and/or to discharge clients from services.
Responsibilities include: SLP Speech Language Pathologist - Pediatrics
• Evaluation and treatment of the range of pediatric communication disorders.
• Must be able to work both independently and as a team member.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with families, administrative staff, other therapists, teachers, doctors, and referral coordinators, etc.
• Must keep daily progress notes and write timely evaluation reports and progress reports
• Keep careful record of billable hours which will require parent signature
• Supervise appropriate staff effectively within scope of practice (e.g., DSP)
• Communicate with Directors regarding any changes in status, problems, or intent to change any aspect of services already in place; and, to discuss same with Directors prior to communicating with client’s family or referral source
• Attend and participate in meetings as required (e.g., staff meetings, team meetings.
• Develop instructional materials and evaluate commercially produced materials for use in treatment
• Keep current on latest developments in field of Speech and Language Pathology by attending professional seminars, reading current literature, and participating in professional organizations.
• Must be enthusiastic, organized, professional, and passionate about working with children and their families.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Competitive Salary based on experience and education
• Performance based incentives with potential to receive monthly bonus
• Flexible work schedule
• Comprehensive benefits including health, medical, dental, 401 (k), life and supplemental insurances
• Opportunity for relocation assistance
• Supportive local team with company-sponsored events for supervisors and behavior technicians
• 8 paid Holiday’s
• PTO (Paid time off)
• 401(k) Retirement Program
• Free CEUs
• Opportunities to do research and present at local/national conferences
• Tuition reimbursement program
JOB REQUIREMENTS: SLP Speech Language Pathologist CFY - Pediatrics
• Current SLP License for the state of California
• Valid Driver's License
• 0-3 years of experience in the field of speech therapy
• Experience working in pediatrics
• CPR/First Aid Certification
• Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Provides physician's health clearance.