RN, Registered Nurse - PCU - Step Down Unit - Days
RN, Registered Nurse - PCU
The RN, Registered Nurse evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care. Assists physicians during examinations and procedures. Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the rn, registered nurse. Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- One to three years recent experience in acute care setting
- Current licensure in the State of Oklahoma as a registered nurse; current BLS certification; ACLS and PALS required within 90 Days of employment
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills required
- Ability to manage a team of patients and work together with peers & other departments
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Previous experience working with back and spine surgery caseloads.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Life Insurance/AD&D,
Supplemental Group Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Extended Illness
Bank (EIB), Flexible Spending, Employee Assistance Program, and company discounts.