RN Registered Nurse - Med/Surg
Position Description: RN Registered Nurse - Med/Surg
The Registered Nurse (RN) utilizes the nursing process to direct and deliver comprehensive nursing care to patients on an assigned unit in a safe and proficient manner according to individual patient needs. Provides direct patient care based upon Standards of Care and Standards of Practice, Polices, Procedures and Practice Guidelines. Provides guidance and supervision to Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN), Nursing Technicians, Nursing Assistants and Unit Secretaries. He/she acts as patient and advocate with the Hospital environment. Assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities and accepts assignments on other units when necessary.
Principal Responsibilities: RN Registered Nurse - Med/Surg
• Considers age related factors in the assessment, care, and treatment of pediatric patients.
• Considers principles of death and dying when caring for terminally ill oncology patients.
• Provides emotional, spiritual, religious and cultural support to patients and their significant others
• Applies principles of orthopedic nursing. He/she is familiar with various types of tractions, casts, splints and with various orthopedic surgeries.
• Applies principles of urological nursing when caring for that type of patient.
• He/she is familiar with various urological catheters and various urological surgical procedures.
• Knows how to take care and maintain central venous access catheters.
Required: RN Registered Nurse only;
Preferred: Strongly prefer acute care (hospital) experience and specific experience in the clinical services provided by that unit.
Required: Current Kentucky RN Registered Nurse license
Our Employees receive: Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Life Insurance/AD&D,
Supplemental Group Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Extended Illness
Bank (EIB), Flexible Spending, Employee Assistance Program, and company discounts.