RN, Registered Nurse - Infection Control and Employee Health
Full Job Description
Under the direction of the Clinical Operations Officer this position is responsible for new hire and annual health screenings, immunizations, job hazard analysis, work related injuries, facilitates injury reduction programs, develops and implements an effective infection prevention and control program, including surveillance for healthcare-associated infections, monitoring of specific environmental issues, management of clusters/outbreaks, compliance with accrediting and regulatory agencies, overseeing isolation precautions and designing educational programs that inform and instruct employees and physician partners in patient care practices that prevent healthcare-associated infections.
- Performs annual infection control risk assessment and surveillance plan along with mid-year evaluation of the plan.
- Plans and facilitates the monthly Infection Control Committee (ICC) meeting at respective ministry.
- Collaborates in the development and delivery of educational programs and/or tools that relate to infection prevention, control, and epidemiology.
- Reports infection surveillance, prevention and control information to local, state and federal public health authorities in accordance with law and regulation.
- Participates in the development of special studies designed to identify unusual epidemic situations or to evaluate the impact of new products, equipment or delivery of patient care. Reports results to Infection Control Committee and other appropriate departments and/or committees.
- Responsible for the quality assurance program of the employee health service, such as monthly statistics on tuberculosis exposure/screening, hepatitis screening, rubella exposure/screening, aids exposure/screening and of employees seen in the employee health clinic.
- He or she is an active participant in the hospital safety and infection control committees and must interface with the personnel responsible for those committees.
- The employee health coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing a wellness program for the employees of the hospital and other organizations as appropriate and for coordinating the activates of such programs.
- Coordinates the daily activities of the employee health clinic to allow for routine physical examinations, treatment of acutely ill employees, epidemiological follow-ups, routine screenings for tuberculosis, hepatitis, rubella, and AIDS, employee education, and wellness related activities.
- The Employee Health Coordinator is responsible for giving complete and comprehensive preemployment physical examinations and to document findings in a systematic manner on a problem oriented medical record.
- The Employee Health Coordinator shall maintain the privacy of the patient and the confidentiality of the medical record.
- He or she will be responsible for immunizations as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Infection Control Committee.
- In addition to the above responsibilities, the incumbent will be responsible for any other duties as deemed appropriate. Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred
- One year of previous related experience in addition to three months learning on the job.
- Knowledge of surveillance equipment and computer software
- Current licensure in the State of Oklahoma as a registered nurse; current BLS certification; ACLS required within 90 Days of employment
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written. Computer skills required
- Ability to manage a team and work together with peers & other departments
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Life Insurance/AD&D,
Supplemental Group Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Extended Illness
Bank (EIB), Flexible Spending, Employee Assistance Program, and company discounts.