RN Registered Nurse - ER Emergency Room - Night Shift
RN Registered Nurse - ER Emergency Room
This is a Department of Nursing Service position that provides delivery of patient care with the knowledge of a Registered Nurse. Must demonstrate the clinical ability to work as Primary RN Registered Nurse on the Unit to which assigned. Must be able to coordinates the delivery of patient care on the Unit; completes required documentation; participates in patient/family teaching and discharge planning, effectively utilizing the Nursing Process. Provides leadership by working cooperatively and effectively with physicians, ancillary staff and other administrative and support personnel in maintaining the standards of professional nursing practice in the multidisciplinary clinical setting. Provides the basic leadership required of a Registered Nurse for subordinate staff on the Unit.
The RN Registered Nurse is directly accountable to the Department Director / Manager and is ultimately responsible to the Chief Nursing Officer.
The Licensed RN Registered Nurse has the authority and the responsibility of supervising Interim Permit Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Nursing Assistants and the Unit Coordinators that are assigned to his/her shift.
Patients, Family, Physicians, Staff, Hospital Leaders and Community Members.
All positions are part of an interdisciplinary team, and, as such, participate in the care and service delivery process through effective interaction with other team members.
JOB FUNCTIONS: RN Registered Nurse - ER Emergency Room
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties the incumbent will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. This position description does not restrict the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities with and without notice.
QUALIFICATIONS: RN Registered Nurse - ER Emergency Room
Degree / Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Valid Nevada RN Registered Nurse licensure required, or if a new graduate, valid Interim Permit.
- Must have current BLS card. ACLS required.
- Must meet qualifications for specific unit worked.
Special Skills & Qualifications:
- Must possess the ability to delegate tasks to subordinate team members and oversee their performance.
- Must have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Effective human relations skills are required for interfacing with team members, all levels of staff, physicians, patients, families and other contacts. Must possess the ability to effectively function in a stressful environment.
- Must possess the ability to remain on feet for extended periods of time and lift heavy objects; assist patients to and from bed/wheelchair/gurney; and to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Must possess the ability to use the following equipment: Telephone / Overhead Paging System / Fax Machine / Calculator / Computer / Wheelchair / Gurney / Hospital Beds.
- Must be able to work any scheduled shifts.
- Must be willing to work periodic overtime and be prepared to take call as required.
- Complete Competency Based Skills Checklists for all unit(s) assigned.
Benefits: RN, Registered Nurse - ER, Emergency Room
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Life Insurance/AD&D,
Supplemental Group Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Extended Illness
Bank (EIB), Flexible Spending, Employee Assistance Program, and company discounts.