RN - OR Circulator - $15K Sign On Bonus!
Location : Cordele GA 31015
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : At least 1 year experience
Required Education : ADN Required; BSN Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Nursing
Job Description :
We have a client in Cordele, GA who is looking for a direct hire, FT OR Circulator RN to join its team.
$15K Sign on Bonus for Direct Hire only!
- Under the leadership of the department Director, Surgical Services, the Registered Nurse - Circulator is an active member of the department that collects data, provides comfort measures and care to patients.
- The Registered Nurse Circulator monitors procedures in operating rooms during surgery. The RN Circulator assists by acting as an intermediary between the operating room staff and the rest of the hospital.
- TARGET START DATE: 1/13/2020
- EQUIPMENT: Meditech ORM, Pyxis, Assorted surgical equipment
- SHIFT: 7a-5:30p + call. There will be call on the weekends as well
- General urology, ortho, ENT, dentistry, ENDO, robotics - general OB/GYN
- Experienced circulator in ortho, urology and general
- 4 OR Beds
- 2 ENDO Beds
- Scrubs provided
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the surgical room is safe for the patient, the surgeons and nursing staff and monitors the surgical field and its boundaries.
- Prepares the patient for the procedure and assist in preparation of the operating room before the surgery takes place.
- Conducts an assessment of the patient’s condition (i.e. Physical, emotional, age, etc.), documents assessment findings, and along with the planned procedure, develops a plan of care.
- Collaborates with other members of the health care team to provide appropriate care and modify plan of care if changes occur in the patient’s condition.
- Performs basic nursing skills and treatments as prescribed by the physician and the patient’s condition effectively and consistently.
- Maintains patient record, and reports to the appropriate person, the patient’s procedure, condition, medications administered during procedure, etc.
- Participates in performance improvement studies and integrates performance improvement standards into the patient care activities.
- Works side-by-side with the Surgical Tech to help maintain the sterile field in the operating room.
- Assesses the needs of the patient during the procedure to ensure the best outcome.
- Works with a physician to develop the care plan for the patient during the surgery.
- Continues to evaluate the patient’s condition during the procedure and makes changes to the care plan as necessary.
- Keeps the surgical area clean and organized for the surgical tech and the physician.
- Controls supplies used and removes instruments and sponges as they are used during the procedure, maintaining exact counts of instruments and sponges pre and post-surgery.
- Ensures that all applicable SCIP measures are followed during the peri-operative experience.
- Oversees surgical technicians and transports specimens that require diagnostic testing to the laboratory.
- Serves as a clinical leader, implementing nursing concepts and mentoring staff.
- Remains current on innovations, developments, new procedures and techniques in nursing care in order to provide quality nursing care services.
- Assumes responsibility for safety, infection control and performance improvement as part of CRHS’s efforts to provide quality care and services.
- Assist in the ordering and stocking of surgical supplies.
- Takes on-call duty on an as needed basis.
- Presents a professional image to CRHS’s nursing co-workers, clinical and medical staff members, patients, families and visitors.
- Attends professional development programs and in-service training and meets the minimum requirement for continuing professional education.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- GA RN or compact license required
- BLS required
- ACLS - can obtain after start
- PALS - can obtain after start41+ years of OR experience required
- ADN Required; BSN Preferred
- At least 1 year experience