RN - ICU
Location : Corsicana TX 75110
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : associate's degree in nursing, bachelors preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Nursing
Job Description :
We have a client in Corsicana, TX who is looking to add an ICU RN to its team.
Night Shifts Available - to start ASAP!
This is a 162-bed licensed acute care facility with inpatient and outpatient care, diagnostic imaging, emergency department, medical and surgical care, wound care and a sleep study center. They offer cardiac rehab, physical and speech therapy, an outpatient surgery center, digital mammography and a 64-slice CT scanner with the area's most current diagnostic equipment.
- Evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care.
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures.
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse.
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
Required Qualifications :
- Requires an associate's degree in nursing, bachelors preferred
- Certified as a registered nurse in the State of Texas
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- BLS required
- ACLS preferred