Physician - Family Medicine
We have a client in Fairbury, NE who is looking for a FT, direct hire Family Medicine Physician to join its team. This is at a beautiful, newly-renovated medical center. Will also be either remodeling the physician clinic or building a new physician clinic.
- TARGET START DATE: 1/27/2020
- EQUIPMENT: Currently Medhost; will be moving to Cerner (EHR)
- SHIFT: Monday - Thursday (3 weeks out of the month), Monday - Friday (1 week out of the month); ER Call 1:4 back-up call --- PA is primary call
- Clinic: 17,500 average annual visits
- Hospital Inpatients: 4-5 average daily census
- Emergency Department: 2,650 average annual visits
- Obstetrics: Optional
Our family medicine physicians care for families and individuals, including:
- Injury care (including ER coverage)
- Disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery, including during hospitalization
- Perform surgical and other procedures (colonoscopies, EGDs, scopes and lesion excisions) as appropriate with experience and competency.
- Prescribe and administers medications, perform routine vaccinations, and provide advice regarding personal health and hygiene.
- Requests necessary tests and follow-up visits and refers patients to specialists as necessary
- Ensure quality clinical and hospital care in a safe, efficient, competent and effective manner
- Prepare records and reports as required in support of services in accordance with established procedures
- Attend and participate in patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities as appropriate.
- Optional - Obstetrics
- Specialist that come to Fairbury: Audiology, cardiology, ear, nose and throat care, e-mental health, general surgery, immunizations, obstetrics/gynecology, oncology/hematology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, podiatry, radiology, and urology
- Fairbury, NE is about 70 miles southwest of Lincoln, NE and has a population of 3,755 and is home to a variety of businesses.
- Active Chamber of Commerce with 230 members (annual banquet, Pork N Pints and Shamrock Shuffle to name a few activities)
- Retail and Service Businesses include: drug stores, flower and gift shops, antique stores, cellular phone dealers, insurance agencies, banks, spa, chiropractors, eye doctor, dentists, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, art shops, dance studio, newspaper, radio and television, computer store, furniture store, accountants, hardware store, veterinarians and more...
- Much to offer in recreation with an abundance of parks and recreational areas; history, with many Pony Express, Oregon Trail, hoesteading, pioneering and Rock Island Railroad historical sites; and hunting and fishing.
- It's a great place to live and to raise a family!
- Medical Degree from an accredited school
- License to practice in NE
- Successful completion of accredited Family Medicine Residency
- Certification or eligibility for certification by the America Board of Family Medicine (ABFM)
- Already reside in or willing to relocate to Fairbury, NE