Pharmacy Clinical Operations Manager
Location : Paris TX 75460
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2-3 years recent hospital experience plus PGY1 residency, or previous hospital management experience without residency
Required Education : PharmD
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Operations Management
Job Description :
As the Pharmacy Clinical Operations Manager, you will:
- Assist the Director of Pharmacy with operational aspects of the department.
- Guide implementation of clinical initiatives including antimicrobial stewardship, Joint Commission Core Measures compliance, National Patient Safety Goals, reduced readmissions, and others
- Responsible for scheduling and budgeting activities.
- Work with Clinical Pharmacists and Clinical Specialists and oversee projects including formulary management, policy and procedure development, protocol review and implementation, as well as serving on interdisciplinary committees.
- Responsible for clinical and process education within the pharmacy department and with other clinical disciplines.
- Participate in performance improvement activities and educates staff about same.
- Instruct nursing staff on administration of parenteral medications.
- Interpret physician prescriptions and medication orders.
- Act as a drug information resource to patients, medical staff, nursing staff and ancillary department personnel.
- Have unit clinical responsibilities, attends multidisciplinary rounds, and performs clinical consults and medication regimen reviews.
- Oversee student program and precepts students.
- Compound and dispense prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the related duties.
- Work with IT pharmacist to maintain and update EHR.
- Assist the Director of Pharmacy and assume such responsibilities if the DOP is unavailable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Relocation assistance provided
- Full Benefits
Required Qualifications :
- Texas pharmacy license in good standing or ability to obtain license before start date
- PharmD from an ACPE accredited institution
- At least 2-3 years recent hospital experience plus PGY1 residency, or previous hospital management experience without residency.
- PGY2 hospital residency training or leadership/project management experience strongly preferred
- BCPS certification preferred
- Meditech experience preferred