Pharmacist (Sign-on Bonus)
Location : Fairbury NE 68352
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Pharmacy
Job Description :
We have a client in Fairbury, NE who is looking for a Full-time Pharmacist to join their team.
This is a 17-bed, acute care Critical Access Hospital that offers inpatient and outpatient services, including surgery, therapy, screenings and emergency services. They also provide health and life services for the community.
Provides information to other health practitioners and patients about medications and their use. This position is responsible for compounding and dispensing prescribed medications, drugs, and other pharmaceuticals by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Pharmacy Operation Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 7a - 6p
- Saturday & Sunday: 7a - 1p
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and evaluates prescription orders to ensure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- Compounds medications using standard formulas and processes such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.
- Fills bottles or capsules with correct quantity and composition of preparation.
- Dispenses and labels prescription drugs.
- Directs pharmacy workers engaged in mixing, packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Ensures the proper and safe storage of drugs and devices, and the proper maintenance of records.
- Supervises pharmacy support personnel and instructs medical personnel on matters pertaining to the pharmacy.
- Interprets medication orders and transcribes to computerized patient medication profiles accurately and in a timely manner.
- Compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals, including sterile products.
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records as required by law.
- Checks all work completed by pharmacy technicians to verify accuracy and completeness.
- Ensures safe, appropriate, cost-effective medication therapies for patients according to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Contributes to the quality and effective operation of the department.
- Maintains required competencies.
- Complies with all state and federal regulatory requirements related to the performance of JCH&L operations and requirements of the JCH&L Compliance Program, including but not limited to the Service Excellence Standards, the Compliance Policy, Safety and Infection Control, all departmental and organization-wide policies, Critical Access Hospital Requirements, and Federal and State of Nebraska regulations.
Hospital will be going live with Cerner in August 2020
Required Qualifications :
- Valid Nebraska Pharmacist License or reciprocated license
- Mathematical skills: advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory
- Flexible, able to handle multiple tasks
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under emergency situations
- Graduate of an ACPE - Accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS or PharmD pharmacy degree
- Already residing in or willing to relocate to Fairbury, NE