OR Manager / Clinical Manager - RN Registered Nurse
Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Surgical Services, has line functional responsibility for departmental management. Responsibilities shall include, but not limited to: administers the day to day operation of the following departments: Operating Room, Recovery Room, and Pre-Op Holding. Serves as a role model for professional nursing practice. Maintains 24-hour a day line management and responsibility in administration of personnel, fiscal, and material resources. Creatively responds to changes in the work setting. Participates in program planning for new projects. Knowledgeable in clinical areas of supervision, using defined processes to establish goals and outcomes which reflect systems integration.
PRIMARY (ESSENTIAL) DUTIES
- Meets with the Director of Surgical Services, on a regular basis to discuss departmental objectives, policies and procedures, standards of care, management and personnel concerns, incidents and emergencies pertinent to patient care operations, personnel management, and other issues affecting the department.
- Manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Participates in maintaining accrediting agencies established standards and participating in the upgrading of standards by involvement in the planning of constructive change.
- Participates in hospital, Medical Staff, and Division committees as assigned.
- Keeps up‑to‑date in the field of nursing and departmental management through current literature, attendance at workshops and seminars. Maintains education attendance records of other departmental personnel.
Bachelors or better in Nursing or related field.
3-4 years: Three to four years of experience in specialty required.
Management experience preferred
Licenses & Certifications
Cert Nurse Operating Room