We have a client in Cordele, GA who is looking for a direct hire, FT OR Director to join its team.
**Must have Director level experience to be considered.
TARGET START DATE: 1/20/2020
4 OR rooms plus an Endo suite with 2 rooms
No outpatient surgery centers outside of the hospital
- Approximately 25-30 FTE's
- The OR director reports to the CNO
- Responsible for budget expense variances.
- Responsible for reviewing departmental reports such as return to surgery, late starts, room turn over time, etc
- Responsible for scheduling
- The director does not normally scrub in or circulate unless it is an emergent situation.
- Won't be expected to take call at this time
- Under the leadership of the Vice President/CNO, the Director, Nursing - Surgical Services is an active member of the department that collects data, provides comfort measures, and care to patients.
- Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the operation of the Surgical Services Department.
- Leads and directs subordinate supervisory personnel with responsibility for the functioning of assigned nursing care areas 24/7/365.
- Leads nursing-wide goal setting and evaluation and is responsible for the development of policies and procedures, and annual and strategic budgets for assigned areas.
- This position monitors the financial performance of the area and ensures that staff provides quality patient care that is age appropriate and culturally sensitive.
- GA RN or compact license required
- BLS required
- ACLS - can obtain after start
- PALS - can obtain after start
- BSN Required; Masters Preferred
- 1+ year of Director level experience required
- 5+ years of OR experience as an RN
- Cerner experience highly preferred