OR Circulator RN
We have a client in Milton, FL who is looking for a few OR Circulator RNs to join its team.
This is a full-service, 129-bed facility that is prepared to meet your every healthcare need. They provide family medicine, obstetrics & gynecology, neurology, pulmonology, pediatrics, orthopedics and general surgery services. They continually seek new ways to engage with patients and strengthen relationships within the community.
- 4 OR Beds
- 1:1 Nurse to Patient Ratio
- Day Shift with call - one night/week call and 2 days of late (meaning until the scheduled cases are completed or call takes over between 5pm and 7pm based on the day). Take every 6th weekend of call and take a rotation of one holiday/holiday weekend/year.
- A circulating nurse, or circulator, is a registered nurse whose function is to monitor the procedures in operating rooms during surgery.
- During operations and other surgical procedures, the circulator assists by acting as an intermediary between the operating room staff and the rest of the hospital.
- Responsibilities of the circulating nurse include:
- Ensures that the surgical room is sterile and safe for the patient. Works side by side with scrub nurses to help maintain the sterile field in the operating room.
- Prepares the patient for the procedure and handles the preparation for the operating room before the surgery takes place. Must have a strong attention to detail and physical stamina to handle long, arduous work hours.
- Assess the patient’s condition before a surgical procedure. Assesses the needs of the patient during the procedure, to ensure the best outcome.
- Works with a physician to develop the care plan for the patient during the surgery.
- Continues to evaluate the patient’s condition during the procedure and makes changes to the care plan as necessary.
- Ensures that the sterile field is not compromised during the procedure. Keeps the surgical area clean and organized for the scrub nurse and the physician; removes instruments and sponges as they are used during the procedure.
- Additional duties of the circulating nurse may include the responsibility of supervising surgical technicians, and to transport any specimens that require diagnostic testing to the laboratory.
- One (1) year of experience required
- Associates degree in nursing
- current Florida state licensure required
- Requires AHA-BLS and AHA-ACLS prior to hire date