Location : Box Butte NE 69301
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2 years Labor & Delivery experience
Required Education : ADN Required; BSN Preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Nursing
Job Description :
We have a client in Alliance, Nebraska who is looking for several full-time, direct hire OB RNs.
- SHIFT: Nights
- TARGET START DATE: 1/6/2020
- EQUIPMENT: OB TraceVue, Centriq computer documentation with BCMA, Omnicell medication/supply cabinets, Alaris IV pumps, Sapphire epidural pumps, Panda Infant Warmers, HUGS System, Rauland Responder 5 Nurse Call, other various equipment
- 4 ORs and one procedure room
- RN will work alone most of the time, with Med/Surg Charge RN as back-up. The OB Coordinator is available to assist. Shifts are 12 hours with a 30-min lunch break. Some call may be required. Weekend and holiday rotation.
- OB Nurse will float to PCU and perform task functions to assist M.S nurses. May have appropriate M/S patient assignment.
- 2 L&D Beds
- 25 M/S Beds
- Postpartum patients will usually occupy M/S beds adjacent to L&D
- Average deliveries is approximately 90/year
- This organization offers a generous benefits package as well as employment incentive.
GENERAL JOB DUTIES
- Comprehensive care of the obstetrical, post-partum, and newborn patients.
- Cares range from triage of labor patients through high risk delivery (rare occurrence).
- RN will be expected to provide all nursing cares to the antepartum and postpartum patient, and be able to recognize problems with the labor/postpartum patient and intervene appropriately under the direction of a medical provider.
- Must be skilled in sterile vaginal exams, interpreting fetal monitor strips, IV starts, resuscitation of the labor patient and newborn.
- RN will be able to provide education to patients experiencing labor and postpartum care.
- Must be able to competently work in the surgical setting, with OR staff, for routine and emergency Cesarean deliveries.
- Additionally, must be able to competently assess newborns and complete all required health screenings.
- This position provides task assistance, and at times may have patient assignments on the Patient Care Unit (Med-Surg).
- RN is expected to provide nursing care to patients across the life span, working on PCU when OB is closed.
- Bedside handoff report is accomplished at all patient care transitions, including shift change.
Required Qualifications :
- Active NE or Compact State RN License
- BLS Required
- ACLS Required
- NRP Required
- AWHONN Fetal Monitoring Course Required
- PALS/ENPC Preferred
- 2 years Labor & Delivery experience
- ADN Required; BSN Preferred