Location : Cambridge NE 69022
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Nursing
Job Description :
We have a client in Cambridge, NE who is looking for an OB/Med/Surg RN to join its team.
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the OB, Medical-Surgical, Post-Partum, Nursery, ER and outpatient setting. Communicates with providers/leadership team/other departments/co-workers, as appropriate about changes in patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes: neonatal, pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family; communicates with Social Service/Discharge Planner and/or Utilization Review regarding both in hospital and post discharge needs.
- Ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Ability to interpret results of waived tests; take appropriate action on waived tests results.
- Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
Required Qualifications :
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current state Registered Nurse Licensure, within state of Nebraska.
- BSN preferred
- 2 years of Labor & Delivery experience
- 2 years of Med/Surg experience
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) validation required
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) validation required*
- Current Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) required*
- Current Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) required*
- Successful completion of Fetal Heart Monitoring class*
- STABLE is recommended, but not required
- Current Pediatric Life Support (PALS) required*
- Current AWHONN
- *New hires are allowed one year to complete required certification.