MT MLS MLT Medical Technologist - Evenings
The MT/MLT performs a variety of chemical microscopic and bacteriologic tests, procedures and related duties. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.
This description of job responsibilities is intended to reflect the major responsibilities and duties of the job, but is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
1. Performs proficiency testing in the same manner as patient samples.
2. Must exercise independent judgment to perform and report findings proficiently for clinical laboratory tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
3. Actively participates in compliance of accreditation and regulatory standards (CAP, CLIA 88, GDHR) which relate to all areas of the laboratory.
4. Assists with special projects (health fairs, correlations, etc.) and in training phlebotomists and MLT students.
5. Uses quality control samples to verify accuracy and precision of test results and adheres to the laboratory’s policies.
6. Follows the laboratory’s procedures for specimen collection, labeling handling, transport and processing.
7. Performs instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance as required or indicated.
8. Performs test procedures, identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results. Corrects the problems or seeks guidance from the Director/Manager of Laboratory Services, Laboratory Medical Director, Team Coordinator or designee for problem resolution.
9. Reports and maintains laboratory results utilizing written procedure and policy guidelines.
10. Effectively operates all computer systems and functions associated with them to include order entry, resulting, error correction and applicable billing and auditing processes.
11. Works flexible hours to include weekends and holidays.
12. Performs other duties as directed.
Bachelor of Science Degree with Medical Technologists (MT) Classification, Associate of Science Degree with MT classification or MLT classification as recognized by Oklahoma.
Experience Completion of Laboratory Clinical Rotation
ASCP or AMT required