MD, Physician - Home Care
Do you ever dream about practicing medicine without the headache of hospital rounds, ER admits, 24 hour call, and a huge overhead?
Our Practitioners and Physicians provide the highest level of house call medicine with access to full complement of services including in-home laboratory services, EKG’s, echocardiograms, ultrasounds, vascular studies, Holter monitors and x-rays. We offer specialty programs focused on allowing patients to age in place such as; Geriatric Cardiology, Geriatric Pulmonology, Geriatric Balance, Prognostic Modeling, and Palliative Care.
Working for us enables a Physician to have a quality of life that is unsurpassed. We offer a Monday through Friday work schedule with no hospital rounds and very minimal call. Our physicians see an average of 10 patients per day and have a census of approximately 200 patients. More time with your patients is not only more rewarding; it allows you additional time to resolve complex issues that an office setting can’t provide. Home visits may provide a clue to some problems; an impaired spouse, confusion over which medications to take, interactions of medications prescribed by multiple providers, family dynamics and safety issues that normally can’t be resolved in an office visit. You will also lead a multidisciplinary team of RNs, MAs and Therapists to offer your patients personalized, comprehensive, supportive and restorative care.
Delivers primary health care and patient care management in a residential setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take history, examines, determines diagnoses, and treats scheduled patients.
- Provides written documentation of patient's visit, per NCQA standards.
- Takes patient vital signs, as necessary, if Medical Assistant is unable to obtain.
- Performs phlebotomy (venipuncture only), as necessary, if Medical Assistant is unable to complete draw. Performs injections and/or immunizations. May perform ECG, Holter and/or Pulse Oximetry occasionally.
- Instructs patients/caregivers on proper medication and treatment regimens.
- Performs minor surgeries, as necessary, limited to I&D, removal of foreign body, suture removal, minor lacerations, minor aspirations.
- Works with Patient Care Coordinator to assure orders and referrals are properly/timely placed.
- Communicates with patients, caregivers, agency nurses, other providers and vendors as necessary to assure proper diagnosis and treatment.
- Performs all clinical duties with observing OSHA Universal Precautions.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Attends required meetings and in-services and participates in committees, as requested.
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional licenses and affiliations.
- Performs related work as required
Compensation and Benefits for MD, Physician – Home Care Job:
We provide our Physicians with a competitive salary including $10,000.00 Early Performance Bonus plus quarterly bonus potential and a benefit package which includes paid malpractice with tail coverage, health, dental, life, LTD, STD, paid time off, paid CME, flexible spending accounts, direct deposit and a 401K. We provide you with a company car and your own medical assistant to drive you to each home or facility.
- Experience in Geriatrics or complex patients preferred
- Active/unrestricted medical license
- EMR experience