Lab Technician/Technologist (MT or MLT)
Cambridge is a beautiful small town in southern Nebraska with historic US Route 6 & 34 passing through the heart of it. Great hunting and fishing areas, top-notch healthcare facilities, senior housing, nursing home and services. Outstanding school system, churches, a lively array of restaurants, stores and excellent recreational facilities, 18-hole golfers paradise - all just hours from Denver, CO and Omaha, NE.
We have a client in Cambridge, NE who is looking for a Lab Technician/Technologist (MT or MLT) to add to its team. This is a full-time, direct hire position.
- Days - 4-10 hour shifts/week with rotating on-call and weekend rotation
- Reports to: Laboratory Director
- Assists and performs various clinical laboratory procedures, including chemical, microscopic, bacteriologic tests to obtain data for the use in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases.
- Performs patient specimen analysis for diagnostic purposes, under the direct supervision of a Medical Technologist.
- Enters all results into the computer system.
- Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing various equipment and work areas in the laboratory.
- Maintains laboratory inventory.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
Attention to Detail
- Conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
- Regular and Reliable Attendance.
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures
- Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood or urine, using microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases and enter findings into computer.
- Examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
- Promotes and adheres to the provisions of the compliance program.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Promotes and adheres to the facilities core values and Standards of Behavior.
- BLS Required
- Certified Lab Tech Required
- Nationally recognized certification required
- Minimum of 2 years laboratory experience required
- MT or MLT accepted
- Already residing in or willing to relocate to Cambridge, NE
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Technician program or equivalent training, education and experience