ICU RN - Night Shift (Sign-on Bonus)
This is a 188-bed acute care facility that provides quality, competent, and compassionate care to the Central Texas area. Services include inpatient care, a level four trauma center providing 24/7 emergenct care with on-site access to helicopter transport, women's center/obstetric unit that includes Cook Telemedicine services and Level II nursery, outpatient services, sleep lab center, heart center/interventional cardiology (Cardiac Cath Lab) cardiac rehab, Walker Cancer Center radiation/medical oncology/hematology, surgical services, gastroenterology lab and a hospitalist program.
They strive to provide accessible, quality and cost effective healthcare to people of Central Texas! If you are in the market for a new opportunity, this is the position for you!
In this position as an ICU RN, you will:
- Use the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate highest quality nursing care
- Coordinate the care of the patient through collaboration and appropriate delegation
- Provide age-specific care and teaching to selected patient populations
- Monitor and recognize changes in physiologic status and take appropriate action bases on assessment
- Evaluate and document findings and patient response
DEPARTMENT SHIFT INFORMATION
- 12 bed unit, 1 to 2 patient ratio
- Full time nurse tech not available for all shifts.
- Types of cases: Medical/Surgical, STEMI, and Telemetry.
- PM (7p-7a); 3 / 4 rotation
- Can be placed on call if census is low.
- Software: Medhost
- Associate Degree or Diploma in Nursing is required
- Previous Acute Care hospital experience preferred
- New graduates considered
- Current licensure in the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse or compact licensure required
- Current BLS and ACLS required
- CCRN (Critical Care Registered Nurse) Preferred
- Minimum of 3 years clinical experience in Acute Care - Medical Telemetry and/or ICU RN preferred