ICU RN (Days) - Sign-on Bonus!
Location : Fort Mohave AZ 86426
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Education : Associates in Nursing required; BSN Highly preferred
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Nursing
Job Description :
We have a client in Fort Mohave, AZ who is looking for an ICU RN to join its team. This is a full-time, day shift position.
The ICU RN promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for a given population based upon age specific and cultural needs. This is done in a collaborative multidisciplinary approach embracing quality and safety and providing physical and psychological support along the healthcare continuum.
- Uses critical thinking and nursing judgments to analyze assessment data to make independent nursing decisions and formulate nursing diagnoses
- Bases on assessments and analysis of data, the RN formulates, modifies and prioritizes strategies to meet the patient's goals
- Assigns nursing activities to other RN's and delegates activities to LPN's within their scope of practice and UAP's within their competency
- The RN supervises, monitors and evaluates the care of delegated tasks
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand the condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital philosophies and standards of care set by Arizona State Board of Nursing, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to the maintenance of a safe working environment and the employee’s own personal safety.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes action to maintain a safe environment
- Adheres to Life Safety Codes, MSDS, Infection Control, and all other regulatory and hospital policies.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by completing Life Talent assignments, maintaining professional certifications, and licensure requirements.
- Promotes cooperative relationships among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
Required Qualifications :
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Associates in Nursing required; BSN Highly preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience required
- Valid Arizona RN licensure or valid multi-state license from a recognized compact state acceptable to Arizona