ICU Manager Critical Clinical Care Coordinator
- Facilitates, coordinates, and delegates the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period.
- Is responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of patient care in both units.
- Is responsible for promoting the practice of professional nursing in The Intensive Care Units (ICUs), and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities.
- Will be responsible for promoting the overall quality of care provided on these units and to facilitate the development of new programs and the expansion of existing programs.
- The manager will aid in staff development and implementation of programs and process that will be the foundation required to prepare the staff and the unit for caring for more critical patients.
- Will be responsible for the development, implementation and sustainment of a bedside acute dialysis program aimed at caring for critically ill patients that are already receiving dialysis. Currently these patients are transferred several hours away due to the lack of dialysis capability. The program goal is to keep these patients in our community when possible.
- This position reports to the Director of Critical Care, and/or the Chief Nursing Officer
- Works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers, and all customers of healthcare system to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- The Nurse Manager models behavior consistent with the hospital management philosophy actively supports the Mission and Vision of the hospital and effectively maintains the hospital’s Standards of Care and Practice.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required, Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 3 years clinical acute care nursing experience with 1 year in ICU or comparative unit.
- Dialysis experience required.
- 1-year management experience as full time or relief charge nurse, clinical care manager, or Nursing Administrative Supervisor desirable.
- Strong clinical background.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or equivalent experience
Master’s Degree in a related discipline preferred.
Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, Life Insurance/AD&D,
Supplemental Group Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Extended Illness
Bank (EIB), Flexible Spending, Employee Assistance Program, and company discounts.