Hematology/Oncology Physician - Experienced / New Grads
The Hematology/Oncology Physician will practice at our main campus in Urbana with one day work per week at one of the organizations satellite locations. Training and interest in both Hematology and Oncology with special interest in Breast Cancer are expected.
- Candidates with experience and new graduates are very welcome to apply.
- Mentorship for new graduates will be provided.
- Hematology/Oncology Physician would work with 8 other Oncologists in the practice.
- The practice’s main location is in Urbana, IL with several satellite locations in the East Central Illinois.
- The practice has radiation oncology, surgical oncology, gynecologic oncology and breast surgery at the organizations Cancer Center with colorectal surgery, interventional radiology, urology, neurosurgery, head and neck surgery, and thoracic surgery at the main campus.
- The Cancer Center is a part of the main campus and both are located at the same campus in Urbana allowing all services to be integrated into our Multi-disciplinary Cancer Care Model.
- EPIC electronic medical record is utilized.
- The Hematology/Oncology Physician will enjoy a very generous compensation package in a stable, vertically integrated organization, while practicing in a multi-disciplinary setting with Weekly Disease Specific Tumor Boards (Upper GI, Lower GI, Breast, Thoracic, etc.), and a strong support from Radiation Oncology and all Surgical Services.
- Our Breast Cancer Program has both CoC and NAPBC Accreditations with weekly Breast Cancer Tumor Board and Multi-disciplinary Breast Cancer Clinic.
- This organization is one of the very few health systems in the nation to offer its own health insurance product – Health Alliance Medical Plans (HAMP).
- In 2018, the organization and the Univ. of Illinois opened their doors to first medical student class at the new Organization's College of Medicine.
- Academic appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Flagship location ranks as one of American's 50 Best Hospitals by HealthGrades and for more than 10 years has held Magnet® designation, the nations highest honor for nursing care.
- Excellent Benefits Package to include health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, long-term disability, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered
- This organization has a strong clinical cancer research with a National Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP) Grant from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and currently > 100 open clinical trials for cancer patients in the East Central Illinois.
- For candidates with a strong academic background, a research component will be considered.
- The Organization's Cancer Center is a home of Stephens Family Clinical Research Institute with an existing opportunity to support investigator-initiated studies.
- In addition, The Organizations Cancer Center has a close collaboration with the Univ. of Illinois Basic Science Cancer Center in Urbana, Illinois.
- This client combines clinical care, health insurance, research and academics in a way that solves real-world problems today while preparing for the future.
- Supported by a deep philanthropic spirit, they are dedicated to doing what it takes to make life better for patients, employees and simply, just as many people as possible.
- Their mission is to serve people through high-quality care, medical research and education.
- They are virtually integrated with more than 7,000 employees in its hospitals, physician group, health plan and associated healthcare businesses.
- MD or DO required
- Licensed to practice in the state of Illinois or eligible to obtain prior to hire date
- Will accept either experienced physicians or new grads!
The Champaign-Urbana area is globally connected, innovative and culturally rich; centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and is home to one of the world's great public research universities - the Big Ten University of Illinois.
With ease of transportation, excellent schools and affordable housing options, this community features the friendliness and advantages of a smaller town while offering the dining, arts, sports, and entertainment options found in a much larger city.
THINGS TO DO IN CHAMPAIGN-URBANA
130 acre park that includes a farmstead, 80 acres of recreated tallgrass prairie, McCullough & Douglas creek corridors, paved and unpaved walking trails, the Timpone Ornamental Tree Grove, organic garden plots, a sensory garden, an herb garden, the Freyfogle Overlook, the district's largest play structure PrairiePlay and the Wandell Sculpture Garden.
University of Illinois Arboretum
A living laboratory, including plant collections and facilities that support the teaching, research, and public service programs throughout the campus.
Riggs Beer Company
The tap room seats 95 people in a cozy environment with a great view of the production brewery and outside beer garden. A family-friendly atmosphere, enhanced by a playground and outdoor games. It is surrounded by test plots of barley and hops. Enjoy one of the beers from their very own brewery. Also offers a wide array of sodas, espresso beverages, wines, cold brew coffee, and cider. Feel free to bring your own food or enjoy meals from the delicious food trucks parked right outside of the building.
Market On The Square
This market has almost everything - basked goods, food buses, menus that include breakfast and lunch, local fresh meats, vegetables and fruits, crafts, art, jewelry, pottery, plants/flowers and more!
One of the many gems in Champaign/Urbana area. Featuring Japanese decor, statues, architecture and plants; the Japan House is a cultural explosion of Japanese history.
Busey Woods is a 59-acre bottomland Oak-Hickory forest. This natural area is notable for its spring wildflower display, bird watching opportunities and a 1/3-mile elevated boardwalk.
There's truly something for everyone in the Champaign/Urbana area!