Experienced APP - Mobile Health Clinic
- Work with the team to provide:
- Comprehensive, patient/family-centric care to people of all ages within the community
- Diagnose and treat acute health care problems such as illness, infections, and injuries
- Wellness care, physicals, and immunizations (as well as maintaining the integrity of the VFC program)
- Chronic condition screening and education
- Point of Care lab testing and interpretation including POC
- Screening for social and environmental determinants of health
- Linkages to primary care and other community resources
- Community outreach activities
- Collaborative relationships with community partners
- Knowledgeable in child and adult immunization schedule
- Knowledgeable in basic Women's Health
- Demonstrates a deep understanding and respect for the community and people the team serves.
- Flexible schedule to support community events and need;
- Schedule will be M-F / 9:00a-5:00pm, one weekend per month and occasional evening shifts in underserved neighborhoods/regions. In the event the organization is not in operation (i.e. such as inclement weather), work may be reassigned to support one of the organizations convenient care locations.
This client combines clinical care, health insurance, research and academics in a way that solves real-world problems today while preparing for the future. Supported by a deep philanthropic spirit, they are dedicated to doing what it takes to make life better for patients, employees and simply, just as many people as possible.
Their mission is to serve people through high-quality care, medical research and education.
They are virtually integrated with more than 7,000 employees in its hospitals, physician group, health plan and associated healthcare businesses.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or Physician Assistant
- 2 years of clinical practice is highly preferred
- Experience providing care/support to all age groups and underserved populations; public speaking skills
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse license and Advanced Practice Nurse / Physician Assistant licensure
The Champaign-Urbana area is globally connected, innovative and culturally rich; centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and is home to one of the world's great public research universities - the Big Ten University of Illinois.
With ease of transportation, excellent schools and affordable housing options, this community features the friendliness and advantages of a smaller town while offering the dining, arts, sports, and entertainment options found in a much larger city.
THINGS TO DO IN CHAMPAIGN-URBANA
130 acre park that includes a farmstead, 80 acres of recreated tallgrass prairie, McCullough & Douglas creek corridors, paved and unpaved walking trails, the Timpone Ornamental Tree Grove, organic garden plots, a sensory garden, an herb garden, the Freyfogle Overlook, the district's largest play structure PrairiePlay and the Wandell Sculpture Garden.
University of Illinois Arboretum
A living laboratory, including plant collections and facilities that support the teaching, research, and public service programs throughout the campus.
Riggs Beer Company
The tap room seats 95 people in a cozy environment with a great view of the production brewery and outside beer garden. A family-friendly atmosphere, enhanced by a playground and outdoor games. It is surrounded by test plots of barley and hops. Enjoy one of the beers from their very own brewery. Also offers a wide array of sodas, espresso beverages, wines, cold brew coffee, and cider. Feel free to bring your own food or enjoy meals from the delicious food trucks parked right outside of the building.
Market On The Square
This market has almost everything - basked goods, food buses, menus that include breakfast and lunch, local fresh meats, vegetables and fruits, crafts, art, jewelry, pottery, plants/flowers and more!
One of the many gems in Champaign/Urbana area. Featuring Japanese decor, statues, architecture and plants; the Japan House is a cultural explosion of Japanese history.
Busey Woods is a 59-acre bottomland Oak-Hickory forest. This natural area is notable for its spring wildflower display, bird watching opportunities and a 1/3-mile elevated boardwalk.
There's truly something for everyone in the Champaign/Urbana area!