Evening Supervisor Laboratory - MT / MLT
- Supervise assigned laboratories/departments through managing, planning, servicing, organizing and controlling the activities of personnel engaged in the collection and transport of patient specimens, the processing and handling of laboratory specimens and in the generation of timely and accurate test results.
- All activities are directed in accordance with the express standards of accrediting agencies, the Laboratory Director and the Laboratory Service Center. Implied accountability to patients and the medical staff servicing those patients also exist. Use a wide range of independent judgment and discretion in order to coordinate the efforts of the particular laboratory/department for the maximum benefit of patients served.
- Investigates and develops new techniques and instrumentation. Promotes continuous quality improvement activities.
- Interviews and selects personnel that contribute to an engaged and motivated staff. Coaches and develops staff and initiates corrective actions via Human Resources as necessary.
- Ensures adherence to all departmental and hospital policies and procedures. Maintains up to date policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory guidelines (CAP, Joint Commission, etc). Informs staff of policy and procedure changes.
- Completes all projects assigned by the Laboratory Director, or Manager in a timely fashion.
- Develops annual capital and operating budgets and manages all budgets in accordance with established financial guidelines. Investigates and corrects any budget variances.
- Ensures that time and attendance for subordinates meet departmental expectations. Monitors and approves payroll.
- Receives and investigates all complaints concerning the laboratories and its personnel and takes action to resolve concerns when necessary.
- Continually evaluates section performance to ensure clinical value and quality of results
- Participates in hospital committees as appropriate to represent the laboratory. Leads lab work groups
- Remains abreast of developments in the field of management and laboratory science while pursuing a program of self-development.
- Supervises technical staff, ensures adequate training, conducts competency assessments, and completes annual performance appraisals on time.
- Performs duties of a Medical Technologist as required.
- Provides direction to the technical and clerical staff to maintain optimal workflow and productivity. Coordinates staffing to assure maximum efficiency and equal distribution of the workload.
- Interacts courteously and professionally with all Laboratory customers, clients and staff. Promotes positive interdisciplinary relations.
- Establishes both short and long term operational goals, and implements appropriate monitoring and control systems to ensure the laboratories are achieving strategic goals.
Bachelor of Science Degree with Medical Technologists (MT) Classification, Associate of Science Degree with MT classification or MLT classification as recognized by Oklahoma.
Minimum 5 years of experience in a highly complex laboratory. Minimum of 3-5 years in comparable position preferred.
ASCP or AMT required