Endocrinologist - Experienced / New Grads
We have a client in Urbana, IL who is looking to add a Board Certified/Board Eligible Endocrinologist to its established team. The Endocrinology Department has 5 physicians and 2 APPs.
This position is open to both experienced Endocrinologists and new grads!
- 1:4 call schedule
- No primary care patients
- Division includes Nutrition Services and the Diabetic Education Program
- Almost all staff members in the Diabetes Education Program, which is recognized by the ADA, are certified diabetes educators
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation a local College of Medicine
- This College of Medicine is the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering.
- Flagship location ranks as one of American's 50 Best Hospitals by HealthGrades and for more than 10 years has held Magnet® designation, the nations highest honor for nursing care.
- 433-bed Level I Trauma Center and Level III Perinatal Services Center
- Excellent Benefits Package to include health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, long-term disability, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in Internal Medicine and Endocrinology
- MD or DO
- Open to candidates in-practice and those that are new grads
- Licensed to practice in the state of Illinois or eligible to obtain prior to start date (preferred already licensed physicians)
- Must have completed training at an ACGME accredited fellowship program
- Unfortunately, this position does not qualify for a J-1 visa waiver so we are unable to accommodate candidates on a J-1 visa
This client combines clinical care, health insurance, research and academics in a way that solves real-world problems today while preparing for the future. Supported by a deep philanthropic spirit, they are dedicated to doing what it takes to make life better for patients, employees and simply, just as many people as possible. Their mission is to serve people through high-quality care, medical research and education.
They are virtually integrated with more than 7,000 employees in its hospitals, physician group, health plan and associated healthcare businesses.
ABOUT URBANA, ILLINOIS
The Champaign-Urbana area is globally connected, innovative and culturally rich; centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and is home to one of the world's great public research universities - the Big Ten University of Illinois.
With ease of transportation, excellent schools and affordable housing options, this community features the friendliness and advantages of a smaller town while offering the dining, arts, sports, and entertainment options found in a much larger city.
THINGS TO DO IN CHAMPAIGN-URBANA
130 acre park that includes a farmstead, 80 acres of recreated tallgrass prairie, McCullough & Douglas creek corridors, paved and unpaved walking trails, the Timpone Ornamental Tree Grove, organic garden plots, a sensory garden, an herb garden, the Freyfogle Overlook, the district's largest play structure PrairiePlay and the Wandell Sculpture Garden.
University of Illinois Arboretum
A living laboratory, including plant collections and facilities that support the teaching, research, and public service programs throughout the campus.
Riggs Beer Company
The tap room seats 95 people in a cozy environment with a great view of the production brewery and outside beer garden. A family-friendly atmosphere, enhanced by a playground and outdoor games. It is surrounded by test plots of barley and hops. Enjoy one of the beers from their very own brewery. Also offers a wide array of sodas, espresso beverages, wines, cold brew coffee, and cider. Feel free to bring your own food or enjoy meals from the delicious food trucks parked right outside of the building.
Market On The Square
This market has almost everything - basked goods, food buses, menus that include breakfast and lunch, local fresh meats, vegetables and fruits, crafts, art, jewelry, pottery, plants/flowers and more!
One of the many gems in Champaign/Urbana area. Featuring Japanese decor, statues, architecture and plants; the Japan House is a cultural explosion of Japanese history.
Busey Woods is a 59-acre bottomland Oak-Hickory forest. This natural area is notable for its spring wildflower display, bird watching opportunities and a 1/3-mile elevated boardwalk.
There's truly something for everyone in the Champaign/Urbana area!