We have a client in Omaha, NE who is looking for an EEG Tech.
They are a Level IV Epilepsy Center within a large teaching hospital with lots of educational opportunities. Technologists perform studies on patients of all ages including inpatient/outpatient EEGs, Long-Term Video Monitoring, Wada testing, Intraoperative EEG for RNS placement and Intracranial EEG with grids/strips. Work with specialized nurse practitioners, board-specialized epileptologists, neurosurgeons and neuropsychologists.
- Approximately 600 beds
- The EEG lab has a 3 room outpatient testing area and a 6-bed inpatient Epilepsy Monitoring Unit
GENERAL JOB DUTIES
- Perform routine EEG studies on inpatient and outpatients from neonate to geriatric.
- Long-term video monitoring hook-ups and maintenance, WADA procedures and assistance with intraoperative EEG procedures.
Natus/Xltek EEG equipment. Standard office PC
- Monday - Friday days with varying hours between 7a-6p.
- Will work independent with call rotated between 4 other techs during weeknights & weekends
- May float to sister hospital on occasion for inpatient EEG and on-call coverage
- Relocation and sign on bonus available
- Competitive wage and paid holidays
- Opportunities for onsite CEUs (e.g. Grand Rounds lectures, webinars)
- Reimbursement for test cost when credentials obtained
- Reimbursement opportunities for local/national conference attendance
- Matching contributions for retirement
- Free on-site gym and wellness incentives
- Minimum 1 year EEG experience or NDT program graduate
- Graduate from a CAAHEP accredited NDT Program
- Prefer someone with experience in long-term video monitoring
- Intraoperative EEG recording helpful
- ABRET Registration is not required, but is HIGHLY preferred
- BLS Required
- Strong experience in 10-20 hook up, routine EEG acquisition and basic record review skills
- Are open to new grads, but prefer someone who has previous EEG experience