DOP Director of Pharmacy Services
- Under the Direction of the VP of Patient Care Services, the Director of Pharmacy is responsible for planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring, evaluation and documentation of Pharmacy Department and Outpatient Pharmacy activities.
- The participant integrates their department’s services with the Hospital’s primary functions and overall plan for care delivery and other departments.
- The participant develops and reviews annually house-wide and unit specific policies and where appropriate coordinate policies with other primary functions and/or departments.
- The participant achieves and documents desired staffing to patient ratios within targeted goals.
- The participant determines the qualifications and competence of department personnel who provide Patient Care Services and who are not licensed independent practitioners.
- The participant is involved directly and/or supports subordinate participation in the Performance and Improvement process as measured by active participation in Quality Council activities annually, recommends capital equipment and physical space and resources appropriate to patient care needs and selects, orients, evaluates performance and competency of outside contractors and vendor services.
- Assumes 24-hour, seven-day responsibility, authority and accountability for ensuring the department and all individuals in the department achieve the function’s mission and service expectations for delivering appropriate care of patients.
- The participant is a strong strategic leader who can help in developing process improvements, policies and implement them with other areas of the hospital with confidence
- The participant works well with other department leadership in initiating processes of improvement
- Must have 2 years’ experience in a management role and a Bachelor’s degree in related field OR have 4 years’ experience in a management role with a national certification in related field
- Must have at least 2 years’ of Hospital Pharmacy experience
- Must have a valid and current CA Pharmacist License
- Doctorate of Pharmacy preferred
- Shift: 8AM – 4:30PM
- Pay Range: $75.69 - $105.97
- Sign-on : $15k paid out over 2 years
- Relocation: Up to $2k In-State and up to $4k Out of State
Our benefit package includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness Program, Short-term disability, Long-term disability, Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account Program, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, Life Insurance, AD&D insurance, Childcare Assistance, Tuition Reimbursement, Identity Theft Protection insurance, and Relocation Assistance.