Director of Surgical Services
We have a client in Valparaiso, IN who is looking for a Director of Surgical Services to join its team.
This facility has 301 licensed beds and is the only acute care hospital in Porter County. This health care system includes 2 hospital campuses as well as outpatient facilities serving Northwest Indiana. They are committed to quality and compassionate care and emphasize patient experience, quality outcomes and respect for the dignity and comfort of its patients and their visiting family members.
- 12-ORs - do a variety of surgical procedures, including Open Hearts, Vascular, Thoracic, Robotics, General and Colorectal Surgery, Urology, Gynecology, Orthopedics, Neurosurgery, ENT, plastics and podiatry.
- 3 Endo rooms + 1 minor procedure room (all in Endo) - have 4 GI physicians - one group of 3 rotates call weeks and the other does all IP/OP endo procedures here - also have Pulmonologists who do bronchs and EBUs and have signed another GI who will do advanced GI procedures starting summer 2020, so will have to build that service line up.
- Pre Op and PACU - staff in these areas cover both sides. Very experienced and well-trained staff.
- Pre Admission Testing - currently functioning in a mainly phone call capacity. Do onsite appointments for ERAS (total joints and spines coe in for separate class) - would like to move to more in person model.
- They are looking for someone who wants a long-term position and will come in and stay and build trust within the department. Need someone who can spread their time across all of the different areas within periop and help everyone feel supported. Build good working relationships with the staff, surgeons and anesthesia.
- Oversee the daily operations of the surgery department.
- Responsible for the procurement and maintenance of equipment and supplies, staffing and training of employees, and budgeting.
- May oversee pre- and post-operative care of patients.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Perform a variety of complex tasks.
- Lead and direct the work of others.
- BSN required, prefer master's degree in a related area and at least 7-10 years of experience in the field.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Five years of upper management with clinical surgical experience. Must have the following skills and aptitudes: strategic planning, evaluation of financial analysis, market, program growth and development, conflict resolution, physician relationship management, negotiation of contracts for cost containment and customer service.
- Would like someone with management experience and a proven track record of building relationships and trust.