Director of Marketing
- Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and in close conjunction with the organizations marketing and communications teams for strategic guidance, the Director, Marketing and Communications is responsible for creation and oversight of marketing and communications strategies for the hospital and associated entities, working collaboratively with all departments to ensure all advertisements, communications, collateral materials accurately reflect and support the hospital’s brand and message expectations.
- Develops marketing and communications strategy using data-driven, organizational best practices.
- Deploys website and social media; internal communications; public relations/earned media; and coordination/engagement in community events.
The Director, Marketing & Communications leads and supports marketing and communications strategies for a designated facility or group of facilities. The Director is responsible for development and oversight of marketing and communications strategies, working collaboratively with all departments to ensure all collateral materials, advertisements, communications, and activities accurately reflect and support organization brand and message expectations. The Director has a dotted line reporting relationship to the HSC Marketing and Communications teams.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Develop marketing and communications strategy using data-driven, organizational best practices.
Implements marketing and communication plans, including:
- Website and social media;
- Internal communications(employees and physicians);
- Public relations/earned media;
- Community and EMS newsletter (if applicable);
- Coordination/engagement in community events;
- Management of Function Point and Spark portal, and any other support software
Serve as advertising conduit with local hospital leadership and organization marketing.
Coordinate crisis communications with organization Communications.
Partner with Division Director for more complex situations and strategies.
Has regular engagement with hospital CEO to ensure alignment on hospital priorities.
Generate content for internal and external publications, press releases, collateral, social media, websites, and advertising as needed.
Edit internal and external marketing and communications materials and ensuring consistency of message and brand identity.
Lead community engagement initiatives including planning and/or attending community events on behalf of the market including nights and weekends.
Support the organization Communications and Marketing Departments on additional projects and tasks as needed.
Proactively identify opportunities to integrate Communications and Marketing strategies within Company and hospital initiatives.
Regular and reliable attendance.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Position primarily serves both internal and external customers.
Access to and / or works with sensitive and / or confidential information.
Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
Manage the work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensures quality standards. Responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Business Mathematical Skills -- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
Moderate Computers Skills: Frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, cloud based technologies, content management systems, etc. Ability to create, maintain and incorporate simple functions into documents, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations to support business objectives.
Moderate Communication: Regularly uses moderately complex oral and written skills. May train others in functional areas, interact with others and make presentations to department or middle management.
Varied Business Problems -- Problems are varied and complex, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents and practices.
Department Specific Impact -- Decisions impact the management and operations within a department. May contribute to business and operational decisions that affect the department.
Moderate Independent Judgement -- Results are defined; sets personal goals and determines how to achieve results with few or no guidelines to follow; supervisor/manager provides broad guidance and overall direction.
Project Management -- Handle multiple projects simultaneously including task delegation, project oversight, and resource allocation.
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Previous healthcare marketing and/or communications experience within a matrix organization HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated experience aligning marketing and communications tactics with business strategies
- Effective in a dynamic environment with various simultaneous demands