Director of Laboratory Services - MT / MLT
- The Director has responsibility for the oversight of departmental services. The Director ensures that systems to address the clinical needs of patients are evidence-based and are implemented in collaboration with stakeholders at the most desirable cost. The Director has overall responsibility for the quality of departmental/clinical services. The Director leads the organization’s safety and quality initiatives and ensures compliance with regularity requirements.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: .
- Provides day-to-day leadership ensuring that current test methodologies are evidence-based, appropriate for the patient population and provider practice to achieve clinical, service, and fiscal outcomes.
- Creates a collaborative culture within assigned services as well as the interdisciplinary health care team to ensure efficacy in the flow of work, assignments, personnel, and patients.
- Provides supervision of laboratory staff and section leaders and serves as a resource to the clinical team as well as the interdisciplinary health care team to develop, implement, and monitor compliance of departmental and organizational policies/procedures.
- Collaborates with providers and key stakeholders to develop strategies to achieve service excellence.
- Ensures that safety, quality and regulatory initiatives are achieved, and when possible exceeded, in each service, including JCAHO, CAP, and federal regulations.
- Provides oversight of billing and budgetary processes, including laboratory testing and Medicare regulations, CPT and HCPCS coding, and ensures that laboratory services are provided at the most desirable cost
- Reviews staff and departmental performance in relation to organizational goals, implements change using LEAN methodologies, to effect continuous quality/service /fiscal improvement.
- Role models principles of Relationship-Based Care.
- Demonstrates competency with managing the change processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
Minimum Qualifications: MT - Medical Technologist
Bachelor of Science Degree with Medical Technologists (MT) Classification, Associate of Science Degree with MT classification or MLT classification as recognized by Oklahoma.
Minimum 4 years of experience in a highly complex laboratory. Minimum of 3-5 years in comparable position preferred.
ASCP or AMT required
MT - Medical Technologist