Director of Laboratory Services - MT / MLT / CLS
- The Director has responsibility for the oversight of departmental services. The Director ensures that systems to address the clinical needs of patients are evidence-based and are implemented in collaboration with stakeholders at the most desirable cost. The Director has overall responsibility for the quality of departmental/clinical services. The Director leads the organization’s safety and quality initiatives and ensures compliance with regularity requirements.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: .
- Provides day-to-day leadership ensuring that current test methodologies are evidence-based, appropriate for the patient population and provider practice to achieve clinical, service, and fiscal outcomes.
- Creates a collaborative culture within assigned services as well as the interdisciplinary health care team to ensure efficacy in the flow of work, assignments, personnel, and patients.
- Provides supervision of laboratory staff and section leaders and serves as a resource to the clinical team as well as the interdisciplinary health care team to develop, implement, and monitor compliance of departmental and organizational policies/procedures.
- Collaborates with providers and key stakeholders to develop strategies to achieve service excellence.
- Ensures that safety, quality and regulatory initiatives are achieved, and when possible exceeded, in each service, including JCAHO, CAP, and federal regulations.
- Provides oversight of billing and budgetary processes, including laboratory testing and Medicare regulations, CPT and HCPCS coding, and ensures that laboratory services are provided at the most desirable cost
- Reviews staff and departmental performance in relation to organizational goals, implements change using LEAN methodologies, to effect continuous quality/service /fiscal improvement.
- Role models principles of Relationship-Based Care.
- Demonstrates competency with managing the change processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
Bachelor of Science Degree with Medical Technologists (MT) Classification, Associate of Science Degree with MT classification or MLT classification as recognized by Oklahoma.
Minimum 4 years of experience in a highly complex laboratory. Minimum of 3-5 years in comparable position preferred.
ASCP or AMT required
Arizona Clinical Laboratory Personnel Technologist Board Certified