- Join a dynamic department that consists of 4 Child Psychiatrists, 7 Adult Psychiatrists, 11 Ph.D. Psychologists, 13 Therapists, 14 Social Workers, 3 Nurse Practitioners and 2 Psychometricians
- Adult Psychiatry call is 1:5 weekdays and 1:4 weekends; no ER call
- Fully accredited Psychiatry Residency
- Join an established hospital employed group practice
- Maximum 14 patients per day
- 60-90 minute new patient evaluations
- Opportunity to do some psychotherapy, consult liaison, addiction psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry, both inpatient and outpatient
- Extremely established facility which is part of an integrated system with a large referral base
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the University of Illinois College of Medicine
- They have the nation’s first medical school focused at the intersection of healthcare and engineering
- Board Certified / Board Eligible
- License to practice Psychiatry/medicine in the State of Illinois
- Prefer an experienced Psychiatrist, but will consider new grads
ABOUT CHAMPAIGN, ILLINOIS
Champaign's economy is thriving thanks to a growing collection of tech startups that helped name it one of the Best Cities for Entrepreneurs. It is home to 7 Fortune 500 companies, including Kraft Foods, and more than 80,300 residents. The Champaign-Urbana area also has a heart for the arts. The Krannert Art Museum and Kinkead Pavilion, for example, is the 2nd largest art facility in Illinois, next to the Chicago Art Institute. Champaign and Urbana also share the 700-acre campus of the University of Illinois.
Not only did the University of Illinois earn a spot (for a 4th time) on Livability.com's list of Best College Towns, but they also ranked #52 for public colleges in the US, according to US News & World Report. It’s known for its engineering program, which ranks sixth in the country, but also offers 150 undergraduate degrees through 16 colleges. The university is a great value for local students, and is a highly regarded destination for international students.
THINGS TO DO IN CHAMPAIGN
Krannert Art Museum
This museum has a collection of more than 10,000 pieces dating from 4000 BC to present. It operates within the College of Fine & Applied Arts at the University of Illinois.
Spurlock Museum of World Cultures
This museum displays archaeological collections from around the world. It has 8 permanent exhibits that represent historical and contemporary people from around the world. Through its collections and educational programs, they help interpret the diversity of cultures.
This is from a current exhibit, "In Her Closet - How to Make a Drag Queen"
Orpheum Children’s Science Museum
This museum encourages children to get involved in science and the arts from a young age through interactive exhibits, and parents will love that it's housed in a historic 1914 theater.
Art Theater Co-Op
This is the only single-screen movie theater that still exists and functions as a movie theater. You can watch foreign and independent films every day of the week.
Historic performing arts center and movie theater, hosts concerts, plays, dance events, film, comedy shows and more. Has been a landmark since 1921.
With its affordable housing, healthcare, and social assistance services, along with its thriving community, Champaign is absolutely a great place to live. Add to all of that its 6 breweries, a vineyard, locally owned restaurants with farm-to-table food, and a diverse food scene thank to a large international population, makes you ask yourself why you aren't already there!