Clinical Research Neuroradiologist - Experienced / New Grads
This organization is making a multi-million dollar investment in its own research infrastructure, as well as having contributed ~$100 million into the local Illinois College of Medicine, a joint enterprise between the organization and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC).
In July 2020 a new Siemens 7 Tesla Terra MRI human system will be installed, and will be fully available for clinical applications and clinical research.
The neuroradiologist will play a primary role in the clinical development of this system and have the opportunity to be involved in all projects, as well as to initiate their own lines of research.
- The candidate will spend 25% of his/her time in the Department of Radiology, specialty neuroradiology, with duties including reading and interpretation of x-rays, CT, MRI, and myelography, as well as performing diagnostic procedures, including but not limited to angiography; lumbar and cervical puncture; soft tissue and bone biopsy; drain placement.
- Additionally the candidate will have primary responsibility for the setting up of clinical protocols for neuroimaging on the 7 Tesla
- Reading and interpretation of 7T scans for clinical research.
- The candidate will have a dedicated ~75% time to participate in neuroradiology research, with emphasis on high field MRI.
- The candidate will be encouraged to develop relationships and collaborate with existing Carle/UIUC researchers, as well as clinicians in other departments.
- The candidate will be expected to attract intramural and extramural funding, develop hypothesis-driven protocols, and publish in the literature. It is anticipated that the candidate will be an active co-author on journal publications.
- The successful applicant also has the potential to be appointed at the appropriate academic level in the Carle Illinois College of Medicine.
- Additional academic appointments will be possible in the relevant university department (e.g. Bioengineering, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Psychology, Electrical and Computer Engineering), as well as at the Beckman Institute.
- The candidate will be encouraged to teach undergraduates, medical students, residents, fellows, graduate students, and post-doctoral candidates from both the UIUC community and from other institutions
- Flagship location ranks as one of American's 50 Best Hospitals by HealthGrades and for more than 10 years has held Magnet® designation, the nations highest honor for nursing care.
- Excellent Benefits Package to include health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, long-term disability, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered
- This client combines clinical care, health insurance, research and academics in a way that solves real-world problems today while preparing for the future.
- Supported by a deep philanthropic spirit, they are dedicated to doing what it takes to make life better for patients, employees and simply, just as many people as possible.
- Their mission is to serve people through high-quality care, medical research and education.
- They are virtually integrated with more than 7,000 employees in its hospitals, physician group, health plan and associated healthcare businesses.
Neuroradiologist - about 25% clinical; 75% Neuroradiology Research (negotiable)
MD/DO, or equivalent
Board Certified or Board Eligible in Radiology with Fellowship training beyond residency
Proven ability or potential to make a substantial contribution to clinical research
- Licensed to practice in the state of Illinois or eligible to obtain prior to hire date
- Will accept either experienced physicians or new grads!
The Champaign-Urbana area is globally connected, innovative and culturally rich; centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis and St. Louis and is home to one of the world's great public research universities - the Big Ten University of Illinois.
With ease of transportation, excellent schools and affordable housing options, this community features the friendliness and advantages of a smaller town while offering the dining, arts, sports, and entertainment options found in a much larger city.
THINGS TO DO IN CHAMPAIGN-URBANA
130 acre park that includes a farmstead, 80 acres of recreated tallgrass prairie, McCullough & Douglas creek corridors, paved and unpaved walking trails, the Timpone Ornamental Tree Grove, organic garden plots, a sensory garden, an herb garden, the Freyfogle Overlook, the district's largest play structure PrairiePlay and the Wandell Sculpture Garden.
University of Illinois Arboretum
A living laboratory, including plant collections and facilities that support the teaching, research, and public service programs throughout the campus.
Riggs Beer Company
The tap room seats 95 people in a cozy environment with a great view of the production brewery and outside beer garden. A family-friendly atmosphere, enhanced by a playground and outdoor games. It is surrounded by test plots of barley and hops. Enjoy one of the beers from their very own brewery. Also offers a wide array of sodas, espresso beverages, wines, cold brew coffee, and cider. Feel free to bring your own food or enjoy meals from the delicious food trucks parked right outside of the building.
Market On The Square
This market has almost everything - basked goods, food buses, menus that include breakfast and lunch, local fresh meats, vegetables and fruits, crafts, art, jewelry, pottery, plants/flowers and more!
One of the many gems in Champaign/Urbana area. Featuring Japanese decor, statues, architecture and plants; the Japan House is a cultural explosion of Japanese history.
Busey Woods is a 59-acre bottomland Oak-Hickory forest. This natural area is notable for its spring wildflower display, bird watching opportunities and a 1/3-mile elevated boardwalk.
There's truly something for everyone in the Champaign/Urbana area!