Clinical Dietitian / Diabetes Educator
We are searching for a full-time Clinical Registered Dietitian to join an established organization in Dodge City, KS.
This is a Dietary Department position that provides patient care with the knowledge of a Registered Dietitian (RD). In this position, you will:
- Manage the delivery of nutrition care to patients, which includes applying the science and art of human nutrician to promote health and aid in the treatment of disease or injuries to restore health
- Coordinate the full range of nutrition care services including pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations
- Integrate nutrition services with other facets of health care using effective communication, education, documentation and Quality Assurance standards
- Provide support for quality food service to satisfy nutrient requirements and preferences of patients
- Prepare and delivers effective education to patients, families, staff and others through the development and presentation of educational materials, community classes and in-services
- Provide appropriate guidance counseling and input into corrective action and evaluation of Dietary Staff
- Provide effective assessment of patient’s nutritional needs and appropriate patient care planning through effective communication with physicians, nursing staff, patients, families and other allied health professionals
- Document pertinent information as medically and legally required through the timely and efficient notation in the medical record and other data bases
- Provide timely and effective patient care through the efficient prioritization of caseloads and projects while maintaining Quality Assurance Standards
- Participate in Discharge Planning, Quality Assurance, medical, nursing, departmental and staff meetings, as required
- Participate in continuing education to maintain professional registration
- Provide nutrition education to other Dietary department employees
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Keep the department Director informed of any problems or areas of concern in regards to Food Service or hospitality issues
- Work directly with purchasing and other departments so supply resources are available
- Respond to customer service inquiries as necessary, provides assistance to other staff as needed.
- Coordinate/conduct/assist others with patient education programs/activities for inpatients and outpatients regarding diabetes.
- Dietitian will participate in daily IDT and round on all patients daily.
- At least 2 years' experience preferred
- Be a Registered Dietitian
- Must have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Effective human relation skills are required for interfacing with team members, all levels of staff, physicians, patients, families and other contacts
- Must possess the ability to effectively function in a stressful environment
- Must possess the ability to use the following equipment: telephone, overhead paging system, fax machine, calculator and computer