Certified Surgical Tech - $5,000 SIGN ON BONUS
- They prefer certified, but will accept a surgical tech that has been working for 5+ years.
- Call rotation is once per week and every third weekend.
- You will receive overtime for any hours over 8 in a day.
- They have 3 OR rooms and procedures are orthopedic, urology, gastro, OB/GYN, general surgery, podiatry, and some minor eye cases.
- They do not have robotics. Only use laser for urology.
- Provides surgical scrub assistance during operative cases.
- This may include passing instruments, holding retractors or assisting the physician.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of all surgical case types and demonstrate the ability to follow AORN guidelines of sterile procedures.
- Instrument names and use knowledge is necessary.
- Other duties include performing and overseeing the cleaning and sterilization process of surgical instruments and follow all manufactures recommendations for all forms of instrument sterilization.
Wytheville has a rich history and stunning landscapes which includes majestic mountains, sparkling rivers and rolling hills. Great local flavor, places to stay, and incredible attractions. Home to Big Walker Mountain, Big Walker Mountain National Forest Scenic Byway, Vineyards and Winery, Wythe Raceway and many other attractions.
If you enjoy time outdoors you can enjoy camping and hiking, fishing, golf, horseback riding and water sports to name a few.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required or may be substituted by three years of directly related experience.
- Certification as Surgical Technologist is strongly preferred.
- Previous ORT or sterile processing experience preferred
- Effective communication skills with the ability to establish positive interpersonal relationships with physicians, staff, peers, patients and families
- BCLS Certification required within 30 days of hire.