Cardiovascular Technologist - CV Tech
A Cardiovascular Technologist (CV Tech) is an important part of the healthcare industry’s daily operations. The Cath Lab Technician demonstrates critical thinking skills and judgment in assisting with the performance of imaging studies in the Cardiac Cath Lab. Requires the ability to scrub and assist the physician in performing diagnostic, interventional and therapeutic procedures.
· Responsible for the care and safety of patients.
· Ensures equipment is checked daily prior to the start of any patient care.
· Assists with the setup of all equipment for procedures.
· Performs the share of call coverage and maintains a maximum distance of 30 minutes from the facility when on call.
· Educates and interacts with patients and families on procedure/updates.
· Communicates efficiently with physicians and staff.
· Works under the direction of the physicians at all times.
· Understands, operates and trouble-shoots all equipment.
· Practices medical and surgical aseptic techniques.
· Supports, implements and ensures compliance with department policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices/responsibilities and emergency procedures.
· Wears proper identification at all times.
· Maintains radiation safety and proper dosimeter position in accordance with ALARA.
· Actively participates in performance improvement activities.
· Maintains accurate and detailed records of patient protocol, procedure log and paperwork per protocol. Identification of patient consent, pertinent medical history, lab values and procedure indications.
· Ensures HIPAA compliance.
· Ensures departmental supplies and stock levels are adequate for daily operations.
· Demonstrates knowledge of correct anatomy and treatments for satisfactory patient care.
· Able to identify and monitor cardiac rhythms and hemodynamic data.
· Ensure education and competency in procedures and patient care techniques.
· Assess patient status pre and post procedure to include neurological status.
· Achieve and maintain hemostasis per physician order.
· Functions in a code situation in accordance with ACLS standards and hospital protocol.
· Assists in properly billing patient procedures and supplies effectively.
Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology Sciences or training program. Licensed as a Registered Radiologic Technologist by the State of Ohio and registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) certification preferred.