Director of Women's Health and Acute Care Services
Location : Lander WY 85250
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3-5 years
Required Education : Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing or equivalent experience required
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Job Industry : Healthcare - Health Services
Job Category : Healthcare - RNs & Nurse Management
Job Description :
We have a client that is looking for a Director of Women's Health and Acute Care Services. This is a dual campus position (24 miles apart) and you will be requires to have presence at both campuses (Lander, WY and Riverton, WY).
- The System Director of Women's Health and Acute Care Services will provide clinical leadership in the overall planning, development and effective delivery of services in the women's health unit and the dual campus medical/surgical units.
- Priority to ensure and provision high quality, safe, effective and efficient nursing care and support services to patients in the Women's Health Unit and Medical/Surgical units.
- The management of the department encompasses human resource management, including ensuring sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care.
- The director will provide clinical leadership and role model respectful, constructive, interdisciplinary and collaborative communications, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
- Will positively influence and promote engagement and education of staff in evidence-based care practices.
- This position requires focus on patients’ and providers’ experiences and rounding to evaluate care, clinical needs, safety, and environmental integrity.
- The Director will seek organization and workflow opportunities with staff and providers.
- Will assure that quality improvement targets, nursing care policies and care protocols critical to patient outcomes, experiences, satisfaction, and discharge needs are prioritized, developed, and reviewed with staff, patients and providers.
- Will assure that departmental and hospital-wide goals are supported and reviewed with staff and inter-disciplinary teams involved.
- Directly accountable to the Chief Nursing Officer.
Temporary Housing Assistance
Required Qualifications :
- Active Wyoming RN license or compact Equivalent
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Nursing or equivalent experience required
- Three years’ experience as a multi-department director
- 3-5 years of progressive leadership experience to include Women's Health unit and medical/surgical floor in hospital setting
- Prior operational and supervisory experience within a complex medical center preferred
- ACLS Certification within 90 days of employment
- PALS Certification within 90 days of employment
- NRP Certification within 90 day of employment